8.22.2006

Traveling Tuesdays

So thinking of traveling...

Throughout the years I've been to many places. I moved a great deal growing up which translated into a mindset that never wants to sit still. I've been to both coasts and back again many times. I've been on countless airplanes and dozens of road trips.

Yet, my favorite thing about traveling is the people. I love spending time meeting new people, visiting with old friends, celebrating with family and exploring new views.

From a tiny 3 day weekend just an hour away, to a 3 week road trip up the pacific highway... I always find myself in awe of the beauty of the land. It still amazes me how diverse the landscape is. I've seen the beautiful colors of the Shanandoah mountains in the fall. I've seen the mist hover over a northwestern morning. I've driven through a sunrise over the Grand Canyon, and I've spent a wintery thanksgiving in Vermont. I've experienced the sweaty heat of mid-July as a 30 second snowfall in the south, breathed in the floral air in Tennessee.

I love Stopping to investigate the forgotten hide-a-ways along those tiny 2 lane highways. Finding that fabulous diner in the middle of nowhere to indulge in a big plate of home cooked food is a joy everyone should be blessed with at least once in their life time.

Of all the places I've been, all the people I've met, I always seem to come back home... to Colorado.

I'd Rather Be In Colorado
I'd Rather Be In Colorado
Tshirts and Gifts for Colorado Lovers



tags technorati : , ,,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home