7.13.2006

Adventures into the Realm of Wow

So... did ya know, today is Thursday the 13th. Oh yes, how fun and festive is it to be blogging a on a real live Thursday the 13th? I just can't stand the potential excitement!

So, I've spent the last 2 weeks hopping on airplanes landing in the midst of mass conversations. First was a family gathering, all my husband's side, many of whom I had not met previously. The second was a a business trip to the in Orlando.

From these recent adventures, I've acquired heaps of misc. tid bits loaded with fantastic inspirations for not only business success, but also every day life...

1. "I don't waste my time getting mad over silly things.. laugh it off and move on."
- being angry takes a lot of engery which could better be directed towards the progress that should surround us. It's so much more satsifying to me if I end my day on a high note, leaving me excited for another great day... than to end the day with "tomorrow will be a better day".

2. "I don't get mad about things because I just don't care."
- Said with a proud giggle. It's not about not "caring"; it's about not being concerned and consumed by the quirks and kinks that always come up. It's about going with the flow and letting life happen.

3. "Be persistant and have fun!"
- rarely does success come on the first try. More often than not, we'll find ourselves in a state of frustration over our lack of results. Success takes time so we need to stick with "it" and believe in the potential success. However, to stick with something and to truly put forth effort when it appears our efforts are in vain... we gotta have fun -- enjoy what it is we are doing.

4. "Either do what you love or learn to love what it is you do".
- This is one of my favorites. I've always said: we spend so much of our lives working, it's a waste of our time here on earth putting forth effort towards things we don't love and believe in.

5. "Money can buy things that make us happy, but money can't buy us happiness."
- Oh yes, with enough money, happiness may fill our lives in a material aspect, but if all we have to show for happiness is the things we own and the places we can afford to go, we fill our lives with days of grumble and discouragement all for the sake of "i can't wait to go on vacation". Every day should be a vacation IMO.

6. "Some of the best networking opportunities are at the smoking table."
- every opportunity to sit and just talk with people is an opportunity to new successes. We should be spending our time really listening and talking with no preconcieved agendas and just see what happens.

7. "Focus on the - one thing - you do well; don't try to say you can do everything."
- My husband has also said many times, it's not about being able to know how to do everything yourself, it's about knowing who you need to do everything -- a reworded version of a Henry Ford quote. This is SO true. Find your strength/s and then find others to work with that are strong in your weak areas.

8. "Take with you the important things, leave behind the baggage"
- Don't try to hold on to every time thing you hear or think you've learned. Hold on to the parts and pieces that are important to your business and life, and let the rest go. Save room in that already oveerloaded grey matter for more of what it is you need and can use.

9. "Dramatically changing things takes a desire and honesty."
- If you really want to make a change, you need to not only really believe in the change, but we also need to be honesty in our approach, tactics and pursuit of the change. We need to put forth the effort and run ahead full force... great things can and will result.

10. "Serious reflection is always needed."
- It's one thing to push aheead with ideas and attitudes, or brainstorm variations of tactics towards our goals. However, it's an entirely different view when we really take the time to stop, think about where we are and what has happened. We need to really make time to view and ponder and realize where we started, what we've tried, who we've helped and who has helped us.

11. "What can I do for you today?"
- in such a fast paced society I think we often find ourselves in a "I need" mode. " I need to do this....", "I need to find this....", "I need so-and-so for this...". If we stop and ask of others, "What can I do for YOU today?", I think we'll find more of what we need without asking for it. - Think about it, if I walked up to you unexpectedly, and ask you what I could do for you... many times the resulting reaction is "um, well what can I do for YOU?".

12. "Develop something of value and people will link to it."
- not only does this apply to the world of websites and ecommerce, but it also applies to every day life. If we put more value into the things we present to others, the value that is gained is then held on to and passed on. Remembeer the "pass-it-foward" concept? People pass on the positive without requiring something in return.

13. My own quote for week is "I'm just being me, and making new connections... ".
- During all of my traveling I was walking into the unknown and had no idea what exactly to expect. I had no idea who I would talk to, let alone what I would have to offer to a conversation. Yet, I walked away having made piles of new friends, meeting mentors I didn't realize I'd find, and learning more about me than anything else. Always because I was "sitting at the smoking table".


A JGoode... Ode to the Industry:






Tags: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Geggie said...

I'm so with you on #1, it takes so much energy to be angry and to hold a grudge. Let it go and you'll feel better!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Yep, me too..number 1! It's something I've learned and it's something I have to work on sometimes..but life is so much better now.Great TT, I played too. STacie

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love #4 and 5. I am a teacher and so many times I see people that just want to do the minimum required and enjoy the vacations. It really bothers me. #5 is something that I had to learn myself. My house may not be as fancy, but it make me happy just as it is!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Oh my goodness, my husband loves cows, I'll have to show him your site, too cute. Wonderful list, thanks for sharing!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to you to make something as dry and sterile into something lovely. Thanks for this!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home